Eureka 3670G Vacuum Cleaner Review
If a compact but powerful canister vacuum is what you’re looking for, this Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum will not disappoint. It is designed for quick cleaning in the home or auto. It offers a variety of included tools such as a dusting brush, a tool for cleaning in crevices and an upholstery nozzle. It is built with the Eureka standard for quality and to North American Electrical Standards.
This canister system bills itself as “mighty mite.” A list of its advantages and disadvantages demonstrates the veracity of that statement:
- Lightweight canister weighs only 10 pounds
- Includes long extension wand for large room cleaning
- Two extension wands for cleaning drapes, ceiling fans and ceilings
- Blower port for removing debris in workshop or garage
- Controls are easy to use with the Power-Touch handle
- Ample 20 foot cord
- Automatic shut-off to prevent overheating
- Cleans equally well on bare floors, wood floors and tiles
- Easily portable to allow for cleaning of car interiors
- Powerful 12 amp motor
We Don’t Like
- Canister requires bags that must be replaced frequently
- Filter can become clogged and should be replaced as needed
- Use of powder fresheners or cleaners, or removing plaster dust or other fine substances may require filter and bag to be changed more often
- Limited one-year warranty
Canister vacuums remain popular because of their ease in use and their versatility. This Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum continues that popularity. With the long cleaning wand included and the interchangeable attachments, this vacuum is equally at home in the house as it is in the garage. The blower port allows you to keep leaves and loose clutter corralled with minimal effort. Switching to blower function is as simple as swapping the hose from the front of the canister to the back. The crevice tool is handy for getting around baseboards and behind heavy furniture. Pet hair is quickly removed with the upholstery nozzle.
Because this unit is not bagless, the dust bag and filter must be replaced periodically. If the bag becomes overfull or the motor filter is blocked, suction force will decrease dramatically. When cleaning powdery substances such as carpet fresheners and cleaners, or if removing plaster dust and other fine particles left from a construction project, the bag and filter may need to be changed several times to ensure maximum efficiency.
The limited one-year warranty is somewhat disappointing but the reputation of Eureka products helps to diminish concerns over mechanical problems.
Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum is a compact, lightweight, easily portable powerhouse that will take care of your basic cleaning needs in and around your home. The versatility is a major plus over a stick style vacuum. The long wand, in conjunction with the 20 foot quick release cord makes cleaning large rooms or hallways a simple task. There’s no need for a separate mini vacuum for upholstery and drapes with the included special attachments. Bags and filters are readily available online or through most local general retail stores.